Terms & Conditions
All information on these web pages is provided by ALS Life Sciences and is believed to be correct as at the time of issue. ALS Life Sciences accept no liability for any inaccuracies or any loss or damage arising from the use or reliance on information obtained from this website.
Terms & Conditions
The term “ALS Life Sciences” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 33 Eastgate Drive, Little Island, Cork, Ireland. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
– The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
– Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
– Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
– This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, Flash animation and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
– All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
– Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
– From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
– You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without ALS Life Sciences’ prior written consent.
– Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
Provision of Services
a) ALS will provide the Services by exercising the same degree of skill, care and diligence that would be exercised by professional service providers in similar circumstances.
b) The Client acknowledges that it is the Client’s sole responsibility to make its own assessment of the suitability for any purpose of the Services, detection limits and confidence intervals inherent in ALS’s standard testing methodology, the ALS Report and its contents. All data and ALS Reports relate to the sample tested only.
c) If the Client requires the Services to be performed by specific test method, or requires detection limits and/or confidence intervals different to those inherent in ALS’s standard testing methodology, then the Client must advise ALS of such needs prior to submission of samples.
d) ALS may subcontract all or part of the Services and the Client consents to ALS disclosing all information (including Confidential Information) of the Client to that subcontractor necessary for the performance of the Service.
e) ALS reserves the right to develop methods internally and automatically insource any subcontracted analytical services listed in this Agreement upon achieving equivalent LODs, accreditation and service levels.
Limitation of Liability
a) To the full extent permitted by law, ALS excludes all warranties, terms, conditions or undertakings (Terms), whether expressed or implied, in relation to the Services, the ALS Report, or its contents. Where any legislation implies any Terms in this Agreement that cannot be modified or excluded then, such Terms shall deem to be included. However, to the full extent permitted by law, ALS’s liability to the Client for any breach of any Terms that cannot be excluded by law is limited at ALS’s option to the re-performance of the Services or the refund of the fee for the Services.
b) The Client hereby releases and indemnifies and shall continue to release and indemnify ALS, its officers, employees and agents from and against all actions, claims (actual or threatened), proceedings (including proceedings where ALS is joined pursuant to any proportionate liability regime, whether under common law or any federal, state, or territory legislation) or demands (including any costs and expenses in defending or servicing same) which may be brought against it or them, in respect of any loss (including Consequential Loss), death, injury, illness or damage to persons or property, and whether direct or indirect and in respect of any breach of any industrial or intellectual property rights, howsoever arising out of the use of, reliance on, or benefit of, the Services or any ALS Report, except to the extent that the loss, death, injury, illness or damage to persons or property was directly caused by the negligence, willful acts or omissions of ALS or its employees.
c) Notwithstanding any other provision of the Agreement, and except to the extent that liability cannot be limited or excluded by law:
i) ALS will not be liable to the Client or any other person for any special, indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits, or economic loss, arising from the Client’s use of, reliance on, or benefit of, the Services or any ALS Report;
ii) ALS’s cumulative liability to the Client for any loss or damage whatsoever which arises under or in connection with this Agreement or the provision of Services (excluding loss or damage to real or personal property, or personal injury to persons), and whether by way of an indemnity or statute, in tort (for negligence or otherwise), or on any other basis in law or equity, is limited to the value of the Services provided; and
iii) ALS’s cumulative liability to the Client for any loss or damage to real or personal property whatsoever which arises under or in connection with this Agreement or the provision of Services, and whether by way of an indemnity or statute, in tort (for negligence or otherwise), or on any other basis in law or equity, is limited to AUD5 million in aggregate.
Normal Delivery Period
We undertake to despatch an order within a five working day period after the order placed and payment has been received. Please note that many of our services will have a two-day despatch period.
ALS Life Sciences cannot be held responsible for returned items that are lost or damaged in transit.
We will refund your payment as required (subject to our terms and conditions).
Sample Containers must be unopened, undamaged and in an unused condition.
Enclose full contact details in your parcel along with the goods that you are returning.
Goods are to be returned at the customer’s expense.
Please return goods using a tracking service.
Returns must be made within 14 days.
Refunds do not include P&P.
Refunds may be made via original payment method.
We have the right to refuse any return that should, in our opinion, be outside our terms & conditions.
This website and its content are copyright of ALS Life Sciences. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Use of this website shall be made subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all permissions, exclusions, licences, policies, and conditions of use set out in this website. The Courts of the Republic of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of, or in connection with, this website and its use. Both parties hereby consent to the admissibility of electronic evidence before the Courts of Ireland.